Buenos Aires, Mendoza & Salta
Highlights of three regions of Argentina
Get to know the botanical and cultural riches of Argentina on our unique tour.
- Cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, the “Paris of South America”, with its fascinating architectural styles and neighborhoods.
- Scenic wine valleys of Mendoza.
- Beautiful, colonial city of Salta in the Northwest.
- Visits to more than a dozen exceptional private gardens.
- Accomplished garden designers will join us along the way to serve as local guides.
Our days also include public gardens and parks, renowned museums, charming towns and squares, and, of course, the opportunity to enjoy regional cuisine and locally produced wines.
Your AHS Hosts are AHS Board member Jane Diamantis and her husband George. Jane and George are enthusiastic supporters of the American Horticultural Society and have previously led a number of successful AHS Travel Study Programs.
Our tour leader from Benefactor Travel is Chelsey Henderson. Chelsey is an art historian who was born in Buenos Aires and educated in Argentina, The Netherlands, and London. She has traveled extensively throughout Argentina and South America and speaks fluent English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Optional post-tour Iguazu Falls extension
If you extend your tour, you’ll have the chance to visit Iguazú National Park on the border between Argentina and Brazil, and experience the monumental beauty of Iguazú Falls.
Taller than Niagara Falls and twice as wide, no description of Iguazú Falls – one of the world’s largest and most impressive waterfalls – could adequately describe its majesty.
In the forests around the falls, all types of indigenous hardwoods and softwoods can be found, among them giant mahoganies, palms, rosewoods, and jacarandas. After admiring the falls, we will go on a walking tour in the jungle with a specialist guide.
- Alvear Palace Hotel in Buenos Aires, a Belle Epoque beauty dating from the 1930s.
- Park Hyatt Mendoza, a five-star hotel with an impeccably restored 19th-century Spanish colonial façade.
- Sheraton Salta Hotel, with panoramic views of the Lerma Valley.
- For those extending, a very special experience awaits at the Loi Suites Iguazú Hotel, a five-star hotel set in a tropical jungle.