JOIN US FOR PROFOUND EXPERIENCES INCLUDING:
- A visit to the Parthenon, an enduring symbol of Ancient Greece and one of the world’s greatest monuments.
- Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Nea Moni on the island of Chios and the Old Town of Corfu.
- Visit Rachel Weaving’s private garden, author of a recently published book on the gardens of Corfu.
- Gardens designed by Jennifer Gay, as well as private gardens that we’ve received special access to show you.
- The New Acropolis Museum, with galleries of archaic and classical sculpture from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece.
THE OUTSTANDING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- Hotel Grande Bretagne, Athens, has been situated in the heart of the city since 1874. The landmark hotel is within walking distance of shopping, museums and the business district and features views of the Acropolis, Syntagma Square and Lycabettus Hill.
- Erytha Hotel and Resort, Chios – This 4 star hotel is one of the most famous on the island due to its beautiful location and stunning views overlooking Karfas Bay. The hotel has recently been refurbished with all rooms having either a terrace or balcony overlooking the sea
- Domes Miramare, Corfu, – Owned by the Onassis family during the 1960s this hotel re-opened in 2018 after extensive renovation. It is a luxurious adults-only resort and located 20 minutes drive from Corfu old town.
Please refer to the enclosed reservation form for pricing and instructions for reserving your place on this AHS Travel Study Program tour.
For more information about Travel Study Program tours, please contact development@ ahsgardening.org or (703) 768-5700, ext. 117.
Designed with the garden-travel connoisseur in mind, the American Horticultural Society Travel Study Program offers exceptional itineraries that include many exclusive experiences and unique insights. Your participation benefits the work of the American Horticultural Society and furthers our vision of “A land of sustainable gardens, cultivated by a diverse population with a common passion for plants.