Castles, Gardens, and Art Treasures of Southern Germany
Accompany us on this irresistible tour, which is sure to sell out quickly.
- Munich’s Botanischer Garten, one of the most important botanical gardens in the world with nearly 20,000 species and subspecies
- Schloss Nymphenburg, a favorite summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria
- Mainau, nicknamed the Flower Island and famous for its extraordinary diversity of flowers, trees, and shrubs, including rare and subtropical plants
- Alte Pinakothek, with an outstanding art collection that includes Leonardo da Vinci’s Madonna of the Carnation as well as works by Albrecht Dürer, Rembrandt, Frans Hals, Giotto, Raphael, El Greco, and Diego Velázquez
- Westpark, designed for the International Garden Expo of 1983 and featuring a rose garden with more than 20,000 specimens from 500 varieties
- Ludwigsburg Residential Palace, where the magnificent state rooms offer a journey through Baroque, Rococo, and Neoclassical architecture
- Six visits to private gardens that showcase their owners’ creativity and originality
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Munich, with breathtaking views of the city and the Alps
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Lindau, with stunning views of Lake Constance
- Wald and Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe in Zweiflingen, a converted manor house set amid lovely gardens
For more information and to make reservations, please contact Susan Klejst, Director of Development & Engagement at (703) 768-5700 ext. 127, or email email@example.com. Our fax number is (703) 768-8700.