Enchantments Await in the Land of Fire and Ice
Land of volcanoes and glaciers. Stomping ground of 9th-century Vikings. Setting of countless legends and Norse sagas. These are some of the features that attract inquisitive travelers to this island nation in the North Atlantic, and this voyage has them all—and more.
- Visit the Reykjavik Botanical Garden, where over 5,000 different species of plants greet you.
- Walk along the lava fields at the nature reserve of Búðahraun, which harbors some of the most beautiful flora in Iceland.
- Take in a variety of otherworldly geological phenomena: a lava landscape of columns and arches at Dimmuborgir; pseudocraters at Skútustaðir; and the geothermal field next to Námafjall Mountain.
- Tour the Akureyri Botanical Garden, one of the northernmost botanic gardens in the world with approximately 7,000 different types of plants, including more than 400 native species.
- Explore Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Situated on the tectonic plate boundaries of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, Thingvellir’s faults and fissures demonstrate the rifting of the earth’s crust.
- View the Gullfoss (Golden) Waterfall, where the Hvita River drops 96 feet and splits into two spectacular waterfalls.
Top-Rated Accommodations and Program Inclusions:
- Overnight in a relaxing hotel in Reykjavik.
- Comprehensive 7-night cruise aboard Le Bellot. All accommodations are outside staterooms and suites and 100% feature a private balcony.
- A program of talks onboard the ship and on land led by horticulturist Holly Shimizu.
- Complete program of shore excursions led by expert guides.
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship.
- All meals aboard ship including early riser’s coffee & pastry, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner.
- Captain’s gala dinner; 24-hour room service.
- Open bar aboard ship, including select wines with lunch and dinner.
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials.
- Baggage handling and airport transfers abroad on the designated program arrival and departure dates.
- Wi-Fi onboard.
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel, porters, guides, and drivers; Port taxes and charges.
For more information and to make reservations, please contact Susan Klejst, Vice President of Development at (703) 768-5700 ext. 127, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fax number is (703) 768-8700.