Travel Information for NCYGS 2023
Getting to Knoxville, Tennessee
By Plane – You can fly into Knoxville’s McGhee Tyson Airport (2055 Alcoa Hwy, Alcoa, TN 37701) located just 12 miles from downtown Knoxville, our Symposium headquarters. Taxis and app-based ridesharing services (like Uber and Lyft) are plentiful to and from the airport.
By Car – Major routes into Knoxville are I-40 from the east (Winston-Salem, North Carolina) and west (Nashville), I-75 from the north (Lexington, Kentucky) and south (Chattanooga and Atlanta), and I-81 from the northeast.
Hotel Headquarters – The NCYGS hotel headquarters is the Crowne Plaza Knoxville (401 W. Summit Hill Drive, Knoxville, TN 37902) located just one mile from the University of Tennessee campus.
- We have secured a block of discounted rooms between July 10 to July 16 at the rate of $103 per night for the basic room (rooms with two queen beds). Use this link to get the group discount. Individuals must choose their arrival and departure dates to accurately reflect their stay. The group code will automatically populate once the dates are filled.
- June 10th is cut-off date to reserve rooms online. After June 10th, attendees will need to contact the hotel directly to make a reservation into the discounted block.
- If you are interested in staying earlier or later than the July 10-17 time period, you will need to contact the hotel directly to make the reservation.
- Additional room types are available including one queen bed and a sofa-sleeper (Add $10) or a room with one king bed (add $15). If interested, contact the reservation manager directly.
- Hotel self-parking is $10 per night in the hotel’s well-lit parking garage.
- No meals are included in the rate, but the hotel restaurant is open for all meal periods, and room service is also available. The Symposium program also provides food options.
- The reservation manager, Jamie Julius, is available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at (865) 522-2600.
Session Headquarters – Sessions will be held at the University of Tennessee’s Student Union (1502 Cumberland Ave, Knoxville, TN 37916). Hourly visiting parking is available at the Volunteer Hall Garage (1545 White Ave, Knoxville, TN 37916) located on the northside of campus behind the College of Law. Cost is $1.00 for every half-hour. The garage is open Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Shuttle – a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Crowne Plaza and UT campus will be available to NCYGS attendees. More details will be provided closer to the Symposium date.
Trolley – The City of Knoxville is proud to offer FREE trolley service downtown including stops at the Crowne Plaza and UT campus. Trolleys run until 6:00 p.m. weekdays and offer late-night service on weekends. Three trolley lines are available that run every 10 to 15 minutes. VisitKnoxville.com offers more details and a map