Join Us at the 2023 Spring Garden Market!
• Shop for natives, specialty plants, herbs, and much more.
• Browse garden-themed art, books, tools, and garden accessories.
• View garden-themed paintings by local artists on display in the Manor House.
• Explore the gardens in spring bloom.
• Food available for purchase on-site.
• Walk-ups: $5 per individual
• Parking: $20 per car, including all passengers.
• American Horticultural Society (AHS) members are free and do not need to register online. Just bring your membership ID or the March/April 2023 issue of The American Gardener magazine to the event for entry.
• Children 6 and under are free.
• Alexandria Historic Garden Week participants are free with event wristbands.
• Parking on East Boulevard Drive is prohibited by Fairfax County.
• No refunds.
• Rain or shine.
• BYOW (Bring Your Own Wagon). A limited number will be available for use.
Not an AHS member yet? Join today.
Interested in becoming a Vendor? Vendor registration has closed.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor? Become a sponsor today.
Interested in Volunteering? Email email@example.com.
For questions about the Spring Garden Market, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 768-5700 ext.137.
2023 Vendors (to date)
Acer Acres Japanese Maples
Bashford & Pitt
Baskit, don’t bag it
Bees and Beetles
Blue Ridge Gardens
Bruce Ciske Pottery
Buona Terra Gardens
CeeCee’s Elderberry Plants
Cymron Cottage Nursery
Down the Garden Path
Edith Graciela Sanabria
Fairfax County Master Gardeners Association
Flame and Cones Food Truck
Hill House Farm & Nursery
Hooray 4 Books
Kino Alpaca Criations
Lillian Nathalie Cake
Little Hat Creek Farm
Nature By Design
Persimmon Street Ceramics
Pine Knot Farm
Radical Roots Community Farm
Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company
Seven Bends Nursery
So Many Flowers
The Natural Garden
Tree Stone Steps
Thanks to our 2023 Sponsors
Interested in becoming a Sponsor? Learn about the various sponsorship options and benefits.
Visit our Sponsor Webpages:
The Peele Group
The Northern Virginia Conservation Trust
Bartlett Tree Experts
Thomas J. Fanon & Sons
Fort Hunt Plumbing
Enjoy these highlights from previous Spring Garden Markets:
Directions by Motor Vehicle or Bike
1) The easiest way to reach River Farm is by motor vehicle since public transportation options are not close by.
From Old Town Alexandria
Take Washington Street south through the city of Alexandria. Washington Street becomes the George Washington Memorial Parkway at the south end of Alexandria. Go 3.5 miles, pass under the stone bridge and take the next left, following the signs for East Boulevard Drive, Herbert Springs, and Arcturus. Take another immediate left on East Boulevard Drive and the American Horticultural Society will be to your right.
From the Beltway (either direction)
Exit onto Route 1 North, then take the first right onto Franklin Street. Turn right on South Washington Street, which becomes the George Washington Memorial Parkway. Follow directions above.
From the south on Mount Vernon Highway
After passing Mount Vernon’s circle on the Mount Vernon Highway (235), continue traveling north on the George Washington Memorial Parkway until you see the sign for East Boulevard Drive. Turn right at the second sign for East Boulevard Drive. Take an immediate left onto East Boulevard Drive. The American Horticultural Society will be to your right.
2) Biking is another great option for getting to River Farm.
River Farm is near the paved Mount Vernon Trail, between Alexandria Avenue and Wellington Road. We have free bike racks in our parking lot.