Find a Garden
Select a location below or click on the RAP Map to find a participating garden near you or wherever you happen to be traveling! Please note: If neither Free Admission nor Free Parking appear in the garden’s description, this garden most likely does not charge admission or parking fees.
How to Enjoy the Reciprocal Admissions Program
- We recommend that you call all gardens ahead of time before you plan your visit. Some gardens have exclusions for special events or exhibits. Each garden has its own distinct admissions policies and hours of operation, which is also why we recommend checking ahead of time to get the most up-to-date information.
- RAP benefits are only applicable during regular open hours. ‘Free admission’ does not apply to special events (such as festivals or special exhibits), educational programs, or guided/audio tours that are offered at an additional fee. Please reference individual garden benefit listings to determine if these are offered as benefits at the garden you plan to visit.
- Make special note if a garden enforces the 90-mile exclusion. The 90-mile exclusion allows gardens to exclude members of other gardens within 90 miles of them from receiving their reciprocal benefit(s) unless the gardens mutually agree to lift the exclusion. For AHS members, the exclusion is based on their home address. Please contact the garden you belong to or the garden you plan to visit for further details.
- Present your current membership card at the admissions counter or gift shop to receive the RAP benefit(s) listed for that garden. Each card will only admit the individual(s) whose name is listed on the card. In the case of a family, couple, or household membership card that does not list individual names, the garden must extend the benefit(s) to at least two of the members. In this case, it is at the garden’s discretion to extend benefits to more than two individuals. Some gardens may require a photo ID.
- Remember that the gardens you visit rely on admissions and donations to maintain their collections and gardens for all to enjoy. Please support them by visiting their gift shops or making a contribution.
- Some gardens included in the RAP Directory have no benefits to reciprocate because they are already free to the public and do not have a membership base. These gardens help to preserve and maintain the Reciprocal Admissions Program through their contribution but they do not share a reciprocal relationship with any of the other gardens listed. Be sure to check each garden’s listing to determine the benefits offered.
Program Information for Gardens
Find more information on your garden's participation in RAP, including program guidelines and how to renew.
Interested in joining RAP? Review program requirements and our new garden application here.
Stay Connected with AHS
Sign up for email updates
Give a Gift Membership
AHS memberships make the perfect gift year-round.