An Exotic Adventure Hidden Behind the Peaks of the Himalayas
This tour takes us to a land so enchanting that many have compared it to the fictional lost paradise of Shangri-La. That land is Bhutan, a small kingdom hidden behind the peaks of the Himalayas that for centuries was closed to Western visitors.
- Buddha Point, one of the largest Buddha statues in the world at 177 feet tall.
- The Tashichho Dzong, the seat of the government since 1952.
- The Royal Botanical Garden, Serbithang, a rescue center for rare and threatened native floral species.
- The high mountain pass of Dochula, at 10,000 foot; on a clear day we will see the Himalayas.
- The Lampelri Royal Botanical Park & Rhododendron Festival. The park features 46 species of rhodies, many of which will be in bloom during our visit. During the festival we’ll enjoy traditional songs, dances, and cultural programs.
- Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in the country.
- Bhutan’s most celebrated examples of monastic architecture: Paro Takstang monastery, also known as the Tiger’s Nest.
- Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport hotel, for short stays both at the beginning and end of the tour.
- Norkhil Boutique Hotel & Spa in Thimphu is known for holistic spa treatments and organic cuisine in an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.
- The Dhensa Boutique Resort, set in the Punakha Valley. We’ll be immersed in the peace and beauty of nature at its most brilliant.
- The Gangtey Lodge, a window into Bhutanese rural life. It respectfully blends into its environment and will enable us to connect with the spirituality of Bhutan.
- Le Méridien Paro, Riverfront hotel. Located on the edge of the Paro River, it offers panoramic views of the Eastern Himalayas.
This tour is sold out. To be placed on a wait list, please contact Susan Klejst, Director of Development & Engagement at (703) 768-5700 ext. 127, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fax number is (703) 768-8700.