A journey through Morocco’s finest gardens
- Exclusive visits to wonderful private gardens with refreshments hosted by the gardens’ owners.
- The Tangier American Legation Institute for Moroccan Studies, the only National Historic Landmark on foreign soil.
- The Exotic Gardens of Bouknadel, the dream and passion of French horticulturist Marcel François, classified as a national cultural heritage site.
- Old Fez, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a memory for the ages as we make our way through the labyrinthine medina featuring the spice market, bazaars, and more.
- Roman Volubilis, with ruins that include a magnificent colonnaded shopping street, the Capitol and the Forum, mosaics and an impressive Triumphal Arch built in 217.
- The magical Majorelle Garden, owned and restored by Yves Saint Laurent.
- Le Jardin Secret, an extraordinary garden dating back 400 years to the Saadian dynasty and lovingly restored by English landscape designer and author Tom Stuart-Smith.
- Grand Hotel Villa de France, Tangier. Celebrities and royals have stayed here, but perhaps the most interesting tidbit is that room 35 is where Matisse painted “Window at Tangier.” We’ll be able to relax on the property’s grounds, featuring fountains, terraces, and gardens.
- Riad Fès hotel, Fez. Riad Fès, part of the Relais & Châteaux collection, has been recently restored to its original glory. Located in the core of the ancient city, Riad Fès will make us feel as if we’ve traveled back in time.
- La Tour Hassan in Rabat is an elegant 5-star hotel in the embassy district. Built in 1912, it has been recently renovated in Moorish and Contemporary style.
- Jardins de La Koutoubia Hotel, Marrakesh. Set in the heart of Marrakesh’s medina, Jardins de La Koutoubia is right next to the Jemaa el Fna square and the walls of the 13th-century Riad Ouarzazi.
For more information and to make reservations, please contact Susan Klejst, Director of Development & Engagement at (703) 768-5700 ext. 127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fax number is (703) 768-8700.