Bermuda’s Gardens, Homes and Holiday Magic
With AHS Host Naomi Mermin
December 3 to 8, 2024
Reserve your place now. Click here for program brochure and registration details.
Embark with the AHS on a captivating journey to Bermuda, a remote island paradise steeped in rich history and natural beauty. Uncover the island’s impressive natural and cultural wonders and immerse yourself in behind-the-scenes tours, curator-led explorations of the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art, and visits to St. Peter’s Church and St. George’s. This special AHS program marks the perfect start to your 2024 holiday season: a standout moment is the rare opportunity to partake in Bermuda’s signature winter holiday event, the “Christmas Walkabout” in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. George’s, adorned with festive decorations and historic houses open to the public. With an expert guide leading you through Bermuda’s gardens and nature reserves, this unforgettable adventure awaits you in December 2024. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this extraordinary journey to one of the world’s most captivating destinations.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. George’s with a guided tour arranged by the Bermuda National Trust, providing insights into the island’s preservation efforts through its 60 historic properties and open-space areas.
- Delight in the rare opportunity to partake in Bermuda’s signature winter holiday event, the “Christmas Walkabout.” Experience St. George’s transformed into a festive wonderland with lavish decorations, candlelit streets, live performances, and the chance to explore numerous historic houses open to the public.
- Explore Spittal Pond Nature Reserve, a verdant, 64-acre conservation area, on a guided walk. Spittal Pond was declared a Wetland of International Importance in 1999 due to the high concentration of different habitats within a small area.
- Learn about the island’s rich history and cultural heritage with behind-the-scenes tours of Bermuda’s finest museums and institutions. Experience a curator-led exploration of the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art and a special visit to the iconic St. Peter’s Church.
- At Cooper’s Island, learn about the culling of invasive plants and replanting of native and endemic plants at this 77-acre nature reserve.
- Enjoy entrée into elegant private homes and gardens that showcase Bermuda’s unique blend of British formality and relaxed island ambiance.
- At the Bermuda Natural History Museum, learn about the island’s unique geological history and diversity of habitats and see the museum’s 140,000-gallon North Rock Exhibit that showcases live corals and 200 species of fish, including large predatory fish.
- Embark on a private sunset cocktail cruise to Hamilton, crossing Bermuda’s “Great Sound.”
- Relax in style at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort which sits on a lush tropical estate featuring dramatic caves along the water’s edge in Bailey’s Bay.