A Myriad of Discoveries Abound in Japan
At its core, Japan is a place of tranquility and spirituality, where nature’s beauty remains abundant and unspoiled. Tour the Land of the Rising Sun via a beautifully appointed small ship and experience some of the most serene and breathtaking gardens in the world.
- Find inspiration in majestic gardens including Sengan-en Garden, a fine example of a feudal lord’s garden; Yushien Garden and its collection of over 250 different types of peonies; Daejeon Hanbat Arboretum in South Korea, featuring 600 species of trees and other plants; and Glover Garden, with sweeping views of the port of Nagasaki.
- Explore Itsukushima Shrine on the island of Miyajima, a holy place of Shintoism since the earliest times.
- Travel by ferry to Naoshima Island’s “Art Island,” a whimsical and curious destination sprinkled with surrealist art, sculptures, and architecture.
Top-Rated Accommodations and Program Inclusions:
- Comprehensive 8-night cruise aboard the deluxe Le Soléal
- All accommodations are outside staterooms and suites and 95% feature a private balcony
- All meals aboard ship, including early risers’ coffee and pastry, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and sweets from Ladurée
- French-inspired gourmet cuisine, with menu creation and chef training by Ducasse Conseil
- Complimentary open bar aboard ship, including select wines with lunch and dinner
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship
- 24-hour room service
- Unlimited WiFi
- Airport/pier transfers and handling of luggage
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel, porters, guides, and drivers
- Port taxes and charges
- Pre-departure materials
This Travel Study program is sold out. Please contact the AHS Travel Study department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 768-5700 ext. 117, to inquire about future AHS Travel Study programs to Japan.